tax message

Subject: Invititation to Speak at IRS Software Developer's Conference - June 4 in Arlington VA

Title: Message

Every year, the US Internal Revenue Service holds a Software Developer's Conference for individuals and companies in software industry who create and market software used by tax practitioners and others engaged in electronic filing of tax returns.

This year, Susan Smoter, IRS Director, Internet Development Services at the IRS and Co-Chair of the OASIS Tax XML TC, will be leading a panel discussion titled "Technology Trends - XML Use in International Tax Administrations."  We are seeking participants from OASIS to participate on this panel and share their experience and expertise.  This may prove to be an opportunity to both share your insights and hear about the experiences of those in the U.S. software industry.

We would appreciate your participation in this seminar, scheduled for Friday, June 4th, from 8:15 to 9:15 AM.  This is the day after our F2F and within the same general geographic area.  The Software Developer's Conference is being held at the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City Hotel, 1250 South Hayes Street, Arlington, Virginia.  The hotel is close to both Reagan-National airport and the Pentagon City subway (Metro) station.  Please let Susan know if you are available to be part of this panel.  She can be reached at susan.smoter@irs.gov or (202) 283-4881.  This promises to be an interesting discussion that I'm sure you will enjoy.  Hope you can stay over one day and join us.

Susan L. Smoter
Director, Internet Development Services
Electronic Tax Administration
Internal Revenue Service, USA