tax message

Subject: Re: [tax] tax administrators' positionpaper

On Friday 21 May 2004 11:05, Andy Greener wrote:
> I think the following supercedes the original ATO paper:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/download.php/6304/OASIS%
>20XML%20Position%20Paper%20for%20Tax%20Administrators%20V0.5.doc
>
> posted by Sandy on 7 April 2004. But is it the latest?

Hmm.  Looks like I read the wrong paper.

Having now re-read the 7 April version, I have one general comment.  I
wonder if we shouldn't be really cautious about "recommendations" at this
stage.  We are still, as a committee, working through the implications of
how to get these different standards to deliver a workable TaxXML
solution, and until we get closer to a conclusion it seems unwise to
recommend what that conclusion is going to be.

Surely it would be more useful to tax administrators out there if - to
repeat my comment in my previous email - we concentrated on analysing and
explaining the overlaps and fitness-for-purpose of the different standards
being proposed.

Regards
--
Philip Allen, Chairman      DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192             http://www.decisionsoft.com