tax message

Subject: Groups - Extra TC telecon added

Extra TC telecon has been added by Mr. Harm-Jan van Burg

Date:  Wednesday, 24 August 2005
Time:  04:00pm - 06:00pm ET

Event Description:
the call info will be provided as soon as possible

Agenda:
This extra conference call is nessesary because the discussions about the position paper take so much time that the deadline for the OECD meeting in Stochholm is in real danger. As a matter of fact The deadline for sending in papers for that meeting was  august 15 so we are already a bit late. I extended our time to september 1. Although the meeting itself is on september 14/15, sending in too late means that country representatives cannot prepaire properly so no decission can be taken and we lose a whole year.

I have noticed that part of the discussion in the last telecon is a duplicate of the Philadelphia meeting. This cannot be the case. Besides that we take much time to discuss the OECD developments STF and SAF. In both cases no standards by any OASIS definition and even not by our own defination. Next to this: we have limited influence here. Both the OECD groups who are responsible for these producs repeadedly stressed that they had their own decisionmaking proces. Especially STF has up till now never changed anything because we have an opinion. So we go back to our initial position about STF and SAF with some minor modifications or we skip all the paragraphs concerning.
Reaching concensus is a fine thing and my aim from the onstart but we can use the voting mechanism.

So wednesday teleconference covers only the position paper. We will discuss in principal only concrete text proposals.

Last chance to bring in tekst proposals is Monday 8 pm Eastern time.

Harm Jan van Burg
Chair OASIS tax-xml

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/event.php?event_id=8407

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0