tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Groups - Extra TC telecon added

To jump start the  "XML standard" description discussion I pulled these
from a presentation on XML Standards convergence from the American
Petroleum Institute
(committees.api.org/business/pidx/docs/pidxmeetings04/XML_Standards_Conv
ergence_LMI.ppt.)
We can pick the appropriate points to use in our paper.

Analysis View
*	Provide a well-defined methodology and set of constructs to
model business domain entities (customer, invoice, etc.)
*	Not coupled to XML syntax
*	Concerned with semantic interoperability ('carrier' vs.
'carrier' vs. 'carrier')
*	Think UML (Unified Modeling Language)
*	Think Data Dictionaries

Technical view
*	Provide the rules and guidelines to create XML business messages
(instances)
*	Provide the mechanisms by which those messages can be
transported 'over the wire'
*	Concerned with transport interoperability
*	Coupled to XML syntax