tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Groups - PPv1.10 (OASIS_XML_Position_Paper_for_Tax_Administrators_v1-10.doc) uploaded

Hi everyone,

Apologies for my late comments but would like to raise the following two
items for consideration:

CIQ - I think there are some additional "committee activities" that have
not been mentioned eg.  1) TaxXML TC request (30 June) for NZ and Aust
to identify potential overlap and/or alignment between CIQ and Global
Common Document and initiate discussions on same with XBRL Australia,
XBRL NZ and Ram Kumar (CIQ Chair) and 2) work being done by XBRL-GL
working group in looking at CIQ

XBRL - we would also like to see some additional committee activities
being undertaken to provide some guidance on the practical application
of XBRL payloads in a Tax environment. As we understand it, to be fully
XBRL compliant requires the use of XBRL parsers - this may be costly and
inefficient in some circumstances. If this is correct, it would be very
useful to obtain some guidance from the committee on how we go about
this adoption and assistance with questions like when would it be
worthwhile using the full XBRL parsers or when would just adoption of
the XBRL taxonomy and aspects of schema validation be appropriate

Thanks
Christine Beasley
Australian Taxation Office