tax message

Subject: Re: [tax] Groups - OASIS_XML_Position_Paper_for_Tax_Administrations_v2-0.pdfuploaded

Mike,

Just a question: On page 36 in the "Standards Context Diagram" the paper
mentions "XAML" in the area of Transactions.
In OASIS I am aware of "SAML" and "XACML". But these are already
mentioned in the diagram at the left in Security.
There was a "XAML" proposed for  Transaction Authority Markup Language -
reference the report on in Robin Cover's January 2004 piece
see: http://xml.coverpages.org/xaml.html - - I don't know if this is
current any more.
However I note with concern that the XAML.org pages seem to have been
co-opted by http://www.xamlblogs.com/
a site for "XAML" by Microsoft.
Somehow I don't *think* you meant this.
I searched through the pdf and Adobe Reader found no other mention of XAML.
Perhaps some more precise description of this block in the Context
diagram is in order (or leave out XAML until the situation can be
clarified.)

Regards,
David Petraitis
OASIS