tax message

Subject: Accommodation & organisation for the London F2F meeting

The London Face-to-Face meeting will be held in the Conference Suite
of the New Wing of Somerset House (http://www.somerset-house.org.uk)
22nd-24th February 2006.

This is likely to be a two-and-a-half day meeting, starting at around
10am on Wednesday 22nd and finishing at around 1pm on Friday 24th (a
detailed Agenda will be circulated in due course).

The most convenient hotel for the venue is the Strand Palace Hotel
(http://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk) which is situated just a couple
of hundred metres from the Somerset House New Wing entrance. It is
also on the edge of "theatre-land" and close to the tourist
attractions of the West End, City of London and Westminster.
The closest tube station is Covent Garden, which is on the
Picadilly line direct from Heathrow.

I have tried to negotiate a group rate but it seems that the rate
advertised on their web site is better than any group rate they're
prepared to offer (go figure!), so I think it would be best if you
all made web bookings individually and directly with the hotel. The
current lowest rate for the period in question is £77.50, which
is pretty good for a central London hotel (February is not high
season! :-). You are of course at liberty to choose higher spec
rooms or even other hotels, but it would be convenient for social
event organising if all the overseas visitors were staying in the
same location. I have no idea how long the current rates will be
available for, so you are advised to book early.

I will undertake to organise the usual social events including a
meal on the evening of the 21st for those already in London, and
an "official" meeting dinner on the evening of the 23rd.

If there is sufficient demand I'll also undertake to organise
a "flight" on the London Eye (http://www.londoneye.com/default.asp),
either during daylight on Friday afternoon or early evening on the
22nd. Each capsule holds up to 25 people.

With the above in mind, could I ask those planning to come to
the meeting to drop me a private email as soon as you can with
your intended time of arrival and departure, intended accommodation,
and whether you would like to join the meal outings on the 21st and
23rd. Also, please indicate whether you'd be interested in the Eye
"flight" and we'll see if we can muster enough people.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas everybody. Here's to a peaceful and
prosperous New Year.

	Andy

--
Andy Greener