tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] FW: Tax XML Data Elements

Susan,

I can't speak about Tax XML data elements, but I am aware that the insurance industry XML data elements include the types of details being requested.  The schema are located at www.acord.org. They are free but permission will be needed to use any portion of the schema "as is".  Contact details for obtaining permission are included in each schema.

Sylvia Webb
GEFEG US
310-370-3410 - Voice
310-370-5614 - Fax

www.gefeg.com -  Internet

From: Smoter Susan [mailto:Susan.Smoter@irs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:30 AM
To: tax@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tax] FW: Tax XML Data Elements

Would someone like to comment on this?

__________________________

Susan L. Smoter

Director, Internet Development Services

Electronic Tax Administration, IRS

www.irs.gov

From: Tom DeVilbiss [mailto:tom@devilbiss.name]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:53 PM
To: Smoter Susan
Subject: Tax XML Data Elements

You are listed as a Co-Chair on the OASIS Tax XML TC.

I'm retired and trying to build a little enthusiasm for an open source Genealogy. I've got a crazy idea that the industry (at least open source) could use the XML Taxonomy as database elements and save us all a lot of trouble later on when we strat finding the sharing opportunites between our ancestors and the public records they leave behind.

Most of the elements that I've need so far have come from the Human Resources schema, but when I got onto a "graves project" I got stumped.

Apparently the HR folks don't haven't defined an element for "deceased" or "Date Deceased" or other details dealing with an individual having expired. It occurred to me that these might well be elements that the Tax Administration task force might use. I was unable to find your poposed taxonomy on the Committee web site, so I thought I'd see if you might be able to help. These are not elements that are likely to cause controversy once identifiedvand there might be a straman out there some place...

First I'd like to thank you for recognizing and dealing with the importance of standardization and then thank you in advance for any advice/details you might be able to give me.

Tom DeVilbiss

Minot, ND 58701