tax message

Subject: TaxXML future, further conversations, OASIS liaisons

   Thanks again for a very helpful dialogue on Tuesday.  I hope that
your meetings are progressing well, and look forward to joining the
conversation again today at an appropriate time to learn more. I've
very encouraged, for your future further progress, by the
requirements-and-deliverables-based orientation under discussion.
   I have separately sent more detailed contact information for me
today (for conference call purposes) to your chairs and host.
   As we discussed, I also have sent to this list the substance of
my earlier observations to Harm Jan and Susan.
   We also have, as mentioned in some private earlier conversations,
reassigned our staff contact for this TC, so as to better facilitate
liaison and programmatic opportunities.  Dr. Carol Cosgrove Sacks, a
long time friend of open standards and recent addition to our
professional team, will serve as your primary point of contact;
while I expect myself and others also will be involved, it will be
her role to help find the right alignment between your goals and
activities and our resources.  Carol is based in Geneva.
   Regards, Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org