tax message

Subject: Re: [tax] Reminder - TC Telecon Today

Dear Susan and all,

I have agreed with Harm Jan that I will join the tele-call this evening,
so please permit me to introduce myself.

Recently I was given the task of working with the Tax XML TC and also
the responsibility of developing the proposed OASIS E-Government Member
Section, working with Jamie Bryce-Clark.

OASIS hired me on a part-time basis after I retired from the United
Nations secretariat in Geneva in Fall 2005, where I was the Director for
Trade and Regulatory Affairs [1994-2005]. In that context I have had a
wide range of contacts with OECD, ISO, ITU, many parts of the UN system,
and especially the European Commission in Brussels. I am an economist by
training and in recent years I  have become more involved with ICT as
enablers of the modern economy, having great significance in both the
private and the public sector. I met Harm Jan at the first OASIS meeting
I ever went to, in London in 2005.

I have followed the work of the TC with interest, although from a
distance. I continue to live and work in Geneva.

Dee would be a great asset to the TC in view of her substantial
experience with Interoperability events. I can vouch for her superb
organizational skills which she displayed in October last year here in
Geneva, where she arranged a successful interoperability event in
conjunction with a high-level meeting on ICT for Public Warning for
Diasters and Emergencies, which was organised jointly by OASIS and
ITU-T. Many governments were represented there.

I hope to have the opportunity to get to know you and your work better.

With best wishes,

Carol Cosgrove-Sacks