tax message

Subject: FW: Registration is now open for the 2007 IRS Software Developers Conference

If you would like to make your reservation now, here's the info on how to do so.  More to come shortly about the TC block of rooms.  Also, please let me know if you are planning to attend this important F2F in DC/Arlington, VA.  Thanks everyone.

From: *IRS SW CONF
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 10:10 AM
To: Barr Joan; Bass JoAnn N; Bruce Thomas S; Clifton Sandra J; Coleman Victor J; Cooper Jeffrey L; Davis Carolyn E; Dumars Bert; Engrum Loretta; Frazier-Dean Regina; Gunter Valerie A; Hatton Kevin R; Holland Debra S; Jakabcin George J; Kosloski Joe; Lawrence Lee; Martin Carolyn J; Mullins Carol M; Myett John; Nesbit Sr Kenneth W; Nolan Deborah M (LMSB); Nolan Kevin M; Ostro Xan H; Smoter Susan; Wallace Keith L; Williams David R; Zombro Jan R

Good Morning

   I am pleased to announce that the website and registration for the IRS Software Developers Conference June 11- 12, 2007, at the Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is now open at: http://www.irsSoftwareDevelopersConference.com/

    I'm attaching our "Registration is Open" announcement.  Please forward this to any internal or external stakeholders who you feel would benefit from the conference and please cascade this down to members of your division who may have stakeholders that would be interested in attending.  This conference is also open to IRS employees who have an role in the preparation. transmission or processing of electronic returns.    The flyer includes important conference information and also includes the  link to the conference website where stakeholders can register for the conference, book their hotel rooms at the Crystal Gateway Hotel, and see a copy of the conference agenda.

    The IRS Software Developers Conference is our opportunity to meet and exchange ideas and information with tax software developers on electronic tax administration issues, including the preparation and transmission of tax returns.  This annual event also allows software developers to interact with the people responsible for developing and administering IRS programs.

Our keynote speaker will be Deborah M. Nolan, Commissioner LMSB

Our agenda includes the following topics

  • CADE
  • E-Help Desk
  • EITC and Due Diligence
  • EMS Changes
  • Form 8453 Issues
  • Interoperability Issues
  • Late Legislation
  • Modernized e-File Updates for Individuals and Businesses
  • Payroll Issues
  • Security
  • Service Oriented Architecture
  • Signature Alternatives
  • And More

    We expect about 300 to 350 people to attend, including representatives from companies that develop and implement tax software and assist us in the transmission and processing of tax information.

Justin J. McCarty , Sr. Program Analyst
2007 IRS Software Developers Conference Coordinator

Internal Revenue Service     ID: 50-24246
Electronic Tax Administration - Strategic Planning Division

Relationship Management Office

SE:W:ETA:S:RM

 5000 Ellin Road
Workstation C4-185
Lanham, MD 20706
Phone: (202) 283-2665
Fax: (202) 283-0550

Registration is Open for the 2007 Software Developers Conference.doc