tc-announce message

Subject: approval of AVDL as an OASIS Standard

OASIS members:

I had previously announced that the Application Vulnerability
Description Language (AVDL) v1.0 Committee Draft from the OASIS
Application Vulnerability Description Language TC had received
sufficient affirmative votes to be approved as an OASIS Standard, but
because there was a negative vote the TC needed to decide how to
proceed. The co-chairs of the AVDL TC have informed me that the TC has
voted to request the specification be approved despite the negative vote.

I am pleased, therefore, to announce that Application Vulnerability
Description Language (AVDL) v1.0 has been approved as an OASIS Standard.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org