tc-announce message

Subject: Call for Vote - Solution Deployment Descriptor Specification v1.0

To OASIS Members:

This is a Call For Vote to approve the following Committee Specification set as an OASIS Standard:

Solution Deployment Descriptor Specification 1.0

Documents:
Editable Source (Microsoft Word)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cs01/sdd-spec-v1.0-cs01.doc
HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cs01/sdd-spec-v1.0-cs01
PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cs01/sdd-spec-v1.0-cs01.pdf

Schemas:
Common: http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cd04/FullSchema/cd04-common-1.0.xsd
Deployment Descriptor:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cd04/FullSchema/cd04-deploymentDescriptor-1.0.xsd
Package Descriptor:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/sdd/v1.0/cd04/FullSchema/cd04-packageDescriptor-1.0.xsd

Ballot:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1511

The Committee Specification has had its required 60 day public review, and the review materials were sent out to the membership of
OASIS for the required 15-day familiarization period. (Those materials can be found at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200808/msg00000.html.) As the required review and familiarization periods have now
been completed it is time to vote. The applicable section of the OASIS TC Process is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#OASISstandard.

Voting to approve the work product of our Technical Committees is a key step in the OASIS process, to better assure our broader user
community of the quality and applicability of the methods or TCs create.  I strongly encourage each member organization to consider
the works submitted for approval and participate by casting a ballot.

As each OASIS member organization has only one vote, participating employees of your organization should provide their input to you,
their voting representative, so that you can decide how to vote on behalf of your organization.  We point that out to them, on our
general [members] list, concurrently with this message.

The voting representative from each OASIS member organization should submit the organization's vote by 11:45 p.m. Eastern Standard
Time (US) 31 August 2008. Voting will be conducted using the OASIS member database tools. To cast your ballots, go to the Voting
group ballot page at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballots.php. You will need to log-in to the database tools
in order to cast your ballots; if you have not yet obtained your username and password please contact Scott McGrath
(scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org) for help.

You may change your ballot until the time that balloting closes. Ballots will be publicly archived. Comments may be made but are not
solicited as the specifications already have been subject to public review.

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org