tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] FW: EIS/EIF NOW AVAILABLE

Cheers All,
You have been making great strides. I have been reduced to lurking as I think at best we are engaging in things that may be use cases for you. so we still think this is a good place to be.

I wanted to contribute one small thing but I have seen it pay huge dividends in our work with The US and other governments.  We took the time to conceptually define what B to G is and position it as a subset of B to B.  In words Business to business involves buyer and seller and goes on globally and has had huge innovation.  B to G is the subset of transactions where the buyer and seller in a B to B transaction are in different countries.  The added complexity is that The G drives the information rules and engagement more often than not by fiat (the mandating of the use of HTS, FDA codes etc) The same comments can be said about B to C and the linkage can be made that B to B systems and B to C systems share much architecture etc.

Given the economic circumstances and the huge investments already made in both B to B and B to C, the return on investment and also implementation time is arguably better. This also increases reusability as by definition this is a reuse instance.

We have been inside the integrated US Government space for several years now and almost universally is the reaction that it might well work for the others but we are different because.
We have found you can only have substantive work after that dance has been had and the positioning is agreed to.

Regards,

Ted Haas
Standards Coordinator UNSPSC
www.unspsc.org
623-478-2745
________________________________
From: Peter F Brown [peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:22 AM
To: 'Chris Parker'; 'John Borras'; tgf@lists.oasis-open.org

I’d echo many of Chris and John’s sentiments regarding the EIF as published and the relationship that it could have with TGF.

One other factor, and possibly a significant driver in the world of realpolitik, is the reaction of many governments to major financial cutbacks in the current political & economic climate: in the UK, as you are aware, there is talk from some snake-oil merchants about favouring “chaotic community action” as an alternative to “costly, heavyweight, policy procedures”. It would seem that if we are able to articulate the need for a “new approach” and show how transformation can also make a positive impact on the bottom line of government budgets, we should be pushing at an opening door…

Cheers,
Peter