tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Note on Methodology; Terminology

Peter

Thanks for this, it’s a very useful starting point.   No doubt everyone will now pile in with other suggestions for the core terminology but let me be first with what appears to me to be obvious candidates, “ Transformational  Government” and “ Framework”.   For the former you could use the definition we out into Wikipedia.

Can I suggest we use the TC Wiki as a means to populating the list of terms and definitions, that would seem a better mechanism than continually making edits to your document?  When the Wiki list is stable you can then cut the final list back into your document for final TC approval.

John

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: 06 January 2011 22:05
To: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tgf] Note on Methodology; Terminology

Hi:

A Happy New Year to everyone.

I have updated to the OASIS work area a first cut of the proposed core terminology, as promised. It’s little more than a capture of terms at this stage, without many definitions. See:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40691/Core%20Terminology-2011-01-06.pdf

I have also started work on a note on methodology – the section covering the development of the terminology is finished and is attached for information. The next steps will be to examine the list of other possible deliverables based on the contributions and discussions so far and look at the methodology issues that will need to be addressed.

Regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

www.peterfbrown.com

@pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Until 9 Jan 2011, Tel : +32.472.027.811