tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Note on Methodology; Terminology

Peter

Thanks for a great start - this all looks sound to me.

You might also want to look at the annex to our attached white paper on "Beyond Interoperability".  This defined all the terms in our map of Policy Products (ie the matrix mapping the EIF interop domains against the four governance areas of our model) which seemed to us not already to be in common use in other frameworks.  One of the things this does is unpack what we believe are the three key components of "legal interoperability" - legal vires for inter-agency working; a legal basis for public private partnership; and a pro-competitive regulatory regime for the ICT sector - with each of these then further defined.   I'm not aware of the EU or anyone else having defined legal interoperability in any practical way, so this may be a useful way of filling at least that gap in your gloassary.

Chris Parker

Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: 06 January 2011 22:05
To: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tgf] Note on Methodology; Terminology

Hi:

A Happy New Year to everyone.

I have updated to the OASIS work area a first cut of the proposed core terminology, as promised. It’s little more than a capture of terms at this stage, without many definitions. See:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40691/Core%20Terminology-2011-01-06.pdf

I have also started work on a note on methodology – the section covering the development of the terminology is finished and is attached for information. The next steps will be to examine the list of other possible deliverables based on the contributions and discussions so far and look at the methodology issues that will need to be addressed.

Regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

www.peterfbrown.com

@pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Until 9 Jan 2011, Tel : +32.472.027.811

BeyondInteropV1.0.pdf