tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TC CONTRIBUTIONS

John

I think we covered this from a CS Transform point of view when the TC was established, but for the sake of clarity.....

CS Transform has published five white papers which are relevant to the TC's work.  Most of our discussion has focused on the overview one, but aspects of the overview model are then explored in more detail in the others.  The papers are all attached to this email for ease of reference.

I can confirm that CS Transform wishes all five attached papers to be considered as a Contribution to the TC in line with the obligations laid down in OASIS policies.  From memory, I do not think that these papers reference any other work that CS Transform owns except for the other papers.  However, to avoid any possible ambiguity, if there are in fact any other referenced works that we own in these papers, then those referenced works are not at this stage included in our contribution.  (But we would be willing to consider further contributions in future if any TC member sees a referenced work which they feel could add value.)

Regards,

Chris Parker

Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 27 January 2011 09:01
To: 'TGF TC List '
Subject: [tgf] TC CONTRIBUTIONS

Dear all

It has been pointed out to me that there is a little ambiguity in the OASIS technical committee and IPR policy documents, regarding the submission of ‘Contributions’ – which are any pieces of work that a TC member is submitting officially to the TC and subsequently subject to the organisation’s IPR rules.  This is an OASIS wide problem not specifically one for our TC.

To avoid any possibility of confusion, can I ask each TC member who is submitting, or already has submitted, a piece of work as a Contribution, to send an e-mail to the TC list with a copy of the work attached and a statement in the body of the mail that you wish the attached to be considered as a Contribution to the TC in line with the obligations laid down in OASIS policies.  And to avoid any possible ambiguity can you also clarify whether any referenced work that you own in the main contribution is included in the contribution or not.

Sorry for this, but it’s better that we are crystal clear – many OASIS member organisations are rightly concerned about IPR consequences, upfront disclosure, etc. Therefore getting this right might also convince some waverers to come on board!

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745