tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Proposed structure and development of TC deliverables;proposed working meeting

Peter

I agree with John: very happy with this approach.

I do think at some stage we will want to produce some sort of single document which pulls all of this together, but I see three major advantages to your "small pieces / loosely joined" approach:

- it is practical in terms of managing the work
- it helps us in terms of a phased release of all this
- it also lends itself to a web-based presentation of the material and resources that will eventually get built up.

The timetable and order of prioritities also looks right.  The one caveat I'd make is that, in your first "rough decant", it would be well worth covering parts 5-8 as well as the higher priority 1-4.  That will help us in finalising decisions about how much of the material gets elevated up to the standards track.

I cannot make a meeting at any time on Friday 4th - I'll be on a plane to Australia.  I would very much like to be part of the call though, so is it possible to look into the following week?

Chris Parker

Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 27 January 2011 08:54
To: peter@peterfbrown.com; 'TGF TC List '

Thanks you Peter, this is extremely helpful.  I concur with all aspects of your proposals and can see that following this approach we would stand an excellent chance of meeting my wish of a March deliverable.

To meet these deadlines we will need the outputs from Andy/Colin/Oliver/Nig on their various areas of responsibility for inclusion in the drafting process, so I hope they will be able to deliver to you in time.

John