tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Draft deliverable 1 - the TGF Core Framework

Great work Peter.

My only <100% positive comment is that we will need to watch the demarcation between setting the scene/context and the actual framework.

As it stands it flows well, but that point in the text at which you say to yourself….

.. "Ah ha..you've set the scene for me. Now here's the framework"…

…is kind of muddy/murky.

I think that may mean that some of the things back might come forward into the context part, so you get a more complete sense of the 'problem statement', that the framework then methodically works through to address.

Cheers

Colin

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 1 February 2011 2:56 p.m.
To: TGF TC List
Subject: [tgf] Draft deliverable 1 - the TGF Core Framework

Hi:

In line with the proposals that I made last week, I have submitted to our document repository a first, very rough and ready draft of what would be the first main standards-track deliverable, the ‘TGF Core Framework’:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tgf/document.php?document_id=40965

I’ve screen scraped from the CS Transform contributions and used various bits that have also been worked on. The detail isn’t important at this stage (and as editors, Chris and I will obviously take care to endure the text is fully coherent), just the overall structure and flow.

I’ll do the same for the next three – which should be easier as they are more or less straight lifts from the business management, customer management and channel management sections of the contributions we have. I’ll submit them asap.

As for the four ‘non-standards track’ Committee Notes,

-          we don’t yet have any substantive content for the one on SOA;

-          the one on “tools and models for the business management framework” will include material we have on the milestones matrix, the stakeholders map, and the policy map

-          the ones on “tools and models for the customer management framework” and “tools and models for the channel management framework” are fairly bare at the moment – we will have to judge how much goes in the respective ‘frameworks’ and how much needs to be left to a non-standards track paper

Regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

====
CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Thank you.
====