tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] OASIS TGF PRIMER - DRAFT

Peter,

Vis SOA x EA - for BCM we looked to take a technology neutral view.

So at a minimum this should be enterprise architecture. Notice this has allowed BCM to stay relevant 5th years on.

Also I think SOA is a much more limited world view, and enterprise architecture is essential for completeness.
And there is plenty of work we can reference from OASIS and more sources on enterprise architecture
so we do not need to reinvent the wheel.  In fact we should be providing glossary of resources and references
of good work we feel can be instructive and insightful in the overall decision making processes.

Plus overall - I thought the whole strategy was! business emphasis rather than technology fixes - and hence it is
better to let governments determine their own tactical technology needs - while pointing out the need for a strategic
view and hence the long term importance of enterprise architecture - to ensuring stability, reuse, interoperability
and longevity in any solutions.

Thanks, DW

----- Original Message -----
From: peter@peterfbrown.com
To: johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk, tgf@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: chris.parker@cstransform.com
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:17:29 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

John:

Your question: “should we drop reference in the structure diagram to Enterprise Architecture Patterns, as we don’t mention them anywhere else?” and further comments in the text are extremely valid. We could go for a purely SOA-based approach and simply drop all reference to EA. I understand where Colin is going with his comment about superset/subset, but I don’t think we need to articulate that point explicitly as we may get unnecessarily side-tracked. There is still however a substantial constituency of EA that does not (yet?) think along purely SOA lines so maybe the issue about keeping/dropping it is premature but needs to be discussed. We also need to think about we are referring to enterprise architecture (lower-case) issues in general or Enterprise Architec! ture (upper-case) as a particular design paradigm.

Peter

JPEG image