tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] RE: SOA > EA

Colin

We're with Peter on this: soa as the broader concept embracing an inter-connected ecosystem;  ea as a narrower tool mostly deployed within an individual organisation.

Chris Parker
Managing Partner, CS Transform
+44 7951 754060

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Wallis <Colin.Wallis@dia.govt.nz>
Sent: 22 February 2011 01:03
To: 'TGF TC List ' <tgf@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [tgf] RE: SOA > EA

<<so it will be a question of getting across the importance of enterprise architecture (lower case) and the relevance of SOA (understood in its SOA-RM sense) as a paradigm>>

We didn't discuss this on last week's call from my recollection, so now I'm back at my desk I wanted to add a +1 to Peter's view, notwithstanding what Chris might have to say.

Chris, reading this thread, can you tell us what CST's intention/vision was when you used the tem(s). Does it fall into any of the categories Peter has suggested, or did you guys have an altogether different position on it?

Cheers
Colin