tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] New Issue - General/Conceptual - Technology Management Framework

Title: New Issue - General/Conceptual - Technology Management Framework

All

See my comments on Nig’s points in-line below.

John

From: Greenaway Nigel [mailto:Nig.Greenaway@uk.fujitsu.com]
Sent: 28 February 2011 17:06
To: TGF TC List

There are some items that do not have a home indicated for them in the document. They probably belong in Part III(d). and will probably be separate committee Notes but probably need to be discussed by the group (perhaps initially on the call later this week?).as

The areas that come to my mind (there may be more) are:

1.            Core Standards Set. One of the CSTransform papers identifies a long tail of standards when various Ifs are surveyed. It would seem sensible for us to at least have a stab at defining the core set. Possibly, this could be done alongside and take cognisance of the UK Standards survey that is currently being undertaken.

JB - It has always been my intention to address this point once we have got the Primer out of the way.  I would like to set up a sub-committee to produce the core set of standards and then we can issue them as a CN or possible look for some other body to take them on and maintain them. And in the same vein I want to do some work on common data standards but again that’s for later.  So can I propose we defer anything further on these aspects for now?

2.            Web 2.0 – This is mentioned in the paper but there is little expansion upon it. I am sure that there is guidance here that could be shared early on before all government’s start to investigate and subsequently diversify in this area.

JB – Peter can you do some research and add a few words in the Primer please.  No doubt we can expand on this in a separate CN in the near future.

3.      Tool Support. This is something where I believe that common practice could pay real dividends. Some  of the UK thoughts are summarised in the paper that I circulated a few days ago and there are environments set up in (at least Europe) that may provide some patterns that could be reused elsewhere. This includes codelist support and is based upon an information architecture that I believe maps onto some of the work that Ted is reporting on (PIC and the desire for unified information models). I see this area as being a longer term-deliverable but views from others would be welcome.

I attach the paper here again for convenience

JB – Again I think this whole aspect is one for the next iteration and perhaps will warrant a separate CN rather than be part of the TGF Standard.  Let’s defer until after the Primer is out of the way.

             Finally, an apology to our (now) long suffering editors – I promise to shut up for a while now!

JB – and finally, Brownie points to Nig, thanks again for your efforts.

Regards

Nig

Nig Greenaway

Government Division

FUJITSU SERVICES

Lovelace Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8SN

Tel: +44 (0) 843 354 5637 Internal: 7302 5637

Mob : +44 (0) 7867 833147 Internal: 7383 3147

E-mail: nig.greenaway@uk.fujitsu.com
Web: http://uk.fujitsu.com

Fujitsu Services Limited, Registered in England no 96056, Registered Office 22 Baker Street, London, W1U 3BW

This e-mail is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu Services does not guarantee that this e-mail has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.