tgf message

Subject: Issue 32 - Interoperability - open

John raised the question regarding wording at line 317: does the TC agree with the change from “will” to “preference”?

The revised wording was proposed by Andy in his review of the Critical Success Factors and following his informal poll of TC members’ opinions on the CSF’s. The main argument seems to be that in the absence of suitable open standards for a particular functional problem, we cannot mandate such an approach in the Framework. We should nonetheless give priority/preference to interoperable, open-standards.

Comments?

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278