tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Issue 12 - References to citizen and businesses, personal data - open

This is a good example of where ID Management can get very complex and is not for us to sort out the issues.  Let the experts do it and we cross-reference their work.   I’m happy with Peter’s proposed amendment but I wouldn’t want us to get too much deeper into this thread.

John

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: 28 February 2011 21:43
To: TGF TC List

Nig’s comment regarding line 1016 made me look again at the earlier paragraphs.

I think that we need to clarify also in line 999 that citizens are not just in charge of their own data as individual citizens but also in their ‘delegate roles’ as a business manager, proxy for a family member or friend etc. It’s their id at stake even if it’s used in another context, where the role played is not as citizen but some other function.

I’d propose to amend line 999ff as follows:

“…a citizen service model for identity management which places citizens themselves directly in control of their own data, able to manage their own relationship with government – whether on their own behalf as citizens or in another identity relationship or intermediated role – and with clearly visible controls…”

Comments?

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278