tgf message

Subject: Issue 39 - Definition of Franchise Marketplace - open

Chris:
I think your sentiment is right. A couple of comments:
- this is getting a little long to qualify as a definition!
- is the focus always and only on customer segments or also (instead?) on 'problem area'? To use your example to illustrate my point - if I'm a disabled farmer who is a parent, which 'customer segment' do I turn to? The issue seems to be about how the customer perceives which way s/he must turn in order to find a relevant interlocutor and that may depend upon what they are looking for... Too fine a point for the actual definition but maybe we need to clarify this more, or have I missed something more fundamental?

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Parker [mailto:chris.parker@cstransform.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 02 March, 2011 08:59
To: peter@peterfbrown.com; tgf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tgf] New Issue -Definition of Franchise Marketplace

I think it's important to make the point that the virtual business infrastructure described here is built around customer segments.  So I'm suggesting the following expansion of the definition at line 545:

A collection of virtual business infrastructures within the current structure of government and associated external stakeholders, each which is focused on a specific customer segment for government services (such as, for example, parents, disabled people, farmers). Current structures continue to deliver services but the delivery is intermediated through these risk-averse virtual franchises.

Chris Parker
Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060