tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Issues List and update on revisions

Peter

Thanks for this.  I’ve added my comments on the Priority issues in attached to help speed up the discussions on today’s call.

John

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: 03 March 2011 03:43
To: TGF TC List
Subject: [tgf] Issues List and update on revisions

Hi:

As you know, there will be a working editorial call on Thursday to look at the revisions we have worked on and discuss where we are regarding the various open issues. Even if you are not joining the call, here is an update on the work done since the first draft was opened for comments.

We have logged 42 issues and another 26 were dealt with immediately (mainly typos and minor editorial changes) without logging.

Of the 42 logged issues:

-          Closed (10 issues): those issues that I feel have been sufficiently addressed and have the approval of the originator;

-          Standing (4): these are a few issues concerning general editorial points and remain open just as a guide/reference;

-          Longer-Term (12): these are issues which we probably will not address in the Primer and/or concern ideas for future work and deliverables;

-          Priority (17): these are the ones that we will look at tomorrow. I have made a tentative recommendation for many of these as to what we should do including some small work assignments, in order to move things along.

(one issue appears both under priority and long-term)

At John’s suggestion, I have structured the Issues List for this meeting in a way that allows us to concentrate on the most important work and set aside the longer term issues for the moment. It is structured in four worksheets reflecting the breakdown above. A copy is attached in .xls and .ods formats.

I also attach (for information) an informal, interim draft that shows the “state of play” – this is intended just to help the discussion tomorrow and is not open for new comments – if you have comments/issues, please make them still against Working Draft 01 until further notice. A formal Working Draft 02 will be created and distributed when we have addressed all the issues that we can and feel sure we have a stable draft.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Issues List - 02-03-2011+JBcomments.xls