tgf message

Subject: Issue 4 - RFI - Reference to existing/other standards and frameworks in TGF

Hi:

One issue that we discussed on the editorial call last Thursday concerns the TGF relationship with – and particularly reference to – other relevant works, whether standards, frameworks, etc. We are concerned in this issue with general textual references, examples to cite, etc. This issue is not the same as the issue 13, concerned with including a ‘Core Standards Set’, which is being addressed separately.

We agreed in principle to only reference high-level frameworks rather than specific and detailed technical standards. To this end, this is an open ‘Request for Information’ for TC members to indicate which frameworks they feel ought to be referenced in the TGF Primer. Some obvious examples are the US Justice Reference Architecture, the EU’s EIF, the UK’s eGIF or Austria’s PDÖ, the US’s FEA (now morphing into the UGEAF), etc.

We don’t want to overload the Primer with too many examples but we do want to show a fairly representative sample and indicate how they relate to the work we are doing.

So, open for comments

Cheers,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web         www.peterfbrown.com

Blog          pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter     @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278