tgf message

Subject: RE: Volume 1 of the Draft single Window Compendium regarding

Satya

Thank you for the chance to review and comment on your very impressive document.    With it being a very large and comprehensive document we have focused our review at this stage on the high-level principles and approaches you are proposing.    In time we can look to go down to the next level of detail and discuss specific aspects but let’s ensure we both start from the same place.

We have recently started a new Technical Committee in OASIS focusing on Transformational Government, essentially eGov2, with the intention of producing a standard setting out how to deliver much more citizen-centric services through joined up government building on the lessons leant from eGov1.  I’m attaching for your information only please at this stage, a pre-release version of our Primer which gives the high-level overview of the Transformational Government Framework that we will be producing over the coming months.  You will see from this that there is significant overlap in what we are both doing and I would go so far as to say that your Single Window is a Customs instantiation of our TG Framework.   For example your Virtual Enterprise is our Franchise Model and we both high-light the legal and governance issues required to implement solutions before the technical agenda is addressed, and there are many more examples as well.

So how do we take this forward.  Clearly I would not expect you to revise your document to now refer to TGF rather than a  Single Window.  However I think it would strengthen both our causes if we referenced each other’s work and cited alignment of approach.  Perhaps we could work up some joint wording on this for inclusion in our respective documents?   Secondly we are planning to hold an eGov workshop and series of meetings in Brussels on 3rd and 4th May and it would be good if we could use them to cement the alignment and work on the next level of detail.  The exact timing of events on these days are still to be finalised but we will include you on the invitation list.

There is clearly a big opportunity for us to work closely together on this going forward and I would welcome your views on how to approach it.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee