tgf message

Subject: Issue 48: Create a new Committee Note for the 'TGF Business Case' - open

John:

OK, new issue opened – I will also filter the master issues list to indicate outstanding items and a sense of priorities for each issue in accordance with discussions on the list

Cheers,

Peter

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, 25 March, 2011 05:13
To: peter@peterfbrown.com; 'TGF TC List'
Subject: TGF - THE BUSINESS CASE

Peter

Chris and I ran the TGF workshop in Milan yesterday on behalf of eris@.  Although not brilliantly attended it was very useful from the point of view of being able to test the TGF on a new community, ie an Italian Regional Government, and get their feedback and concerns.  The one key point that come across to me was the need for us to provide some very clear guidance on “What is the Business Case for implementing a TGF programme”.   The concerns raised during the workshop were “ how much is it going to cost” , “we’ve got no money for new IT investment”, etc.  And despite Chris and I repeatedly trying to assure them it was not about needing new money but more about focusing on redeploying existing resources and avoiding wasting money in future etc, it was hard to convince attendees of these arguments.  So what I propose is that we raise this as a new Issue please and look to develop a CN setting out the arguments and advice on how to convince the decision makers to go the TGF route.

One of the things we said we needed to do is to prioritize the Issues on the list and I’ll add that to the next TC agenda.  But I think this one has to be top priority because unless we can make a very persuasive argument then everything is a bit immaterial.

All – please share your views on this aspect before the next TC call.

John