tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Request for comments on UK Information Infrastructurepaper.

Title: Request for comments on UK Information Infrastructre paper.

<< So my overall comment is, which you may not wish to pass on, there’s a lot more work required before meaningful comments can be made.>>

In the same vein, Nig, you may want to/please feel free to tone down, or otherwise modify my somewhat blunt comments...

But thanks for the opportunity to review, and comments aside, it is a great initiative, and Paul and co should be congratulated for making a start, under such trying circumstances.  I foresee other nations wanting to plagiarise it in the fullness of time - always the litmus test for a good idea!

Cheers

Colin

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, 31 March 2011 2:11 a.m.
To: 'Greenaway Nigel'
Cc: 'TGF TC List '

Nig

Sorry for the late response.   I find it very difficult to provide constructive comments on this document for two reasons.  First it is very thin on content and appears to be nothing more than a few “bullet” points.  It needs a lot more flesh and clarity about how it fits with the other components of the overall ICT Strategy.  And this leads to my second point, it says up front that it supports the overall Information Architecture set out in the ICT Strategy.  Well there’s virtually nothing in the new Strategy about IA so again it’s difficult to see the whole picture and understand what this document is trying to cover and how it supports the overall IA.  Seems like a bit of uncoordinated document production going on.

Having authored these sort of documents before it is very important to show how each component fits into the whole picture so people can understand the context and relationships of any individual piece.  So my overall comment is, which you may not wish to pass on, there’s a lot more work required before meaningful comments can be made.

BTW having said the above, I endorse all that Peter and Colin have said.

John