tgf message

Subject: FW: OASIS announces the first annual 'International Cloud Symposium'

I hope as many of you as possible will be able to attend this event, it really should be very interesting and we expect will attract some very high-profile speakers and contributors to the discussions.

I intend holding F2F meetings of the eGov StC, the TGF TC and the E&VS TC at this event, probably on either the afternoon of Thursday 13th Oct or Friday 14th Oct, so please pencil these dates in your dairies.  I will confirm exact dates/times during our committee meetings between now and then.

Regards

John

From: Jane Harnad [mailto:jane.harnad@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 07 June 2011 20:48
To: egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; idtrust-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; id-cloud@lists.oasis-open.org

10-14 October 2011
Slough, UK (near London)

Don’t miss the cloud conversation of the year.  This event will bring together standards development organizations, government, network & research organizations, and others from around the world to chart the progress and define a path to enable robust trusted cloud deployments.

OASIS is pleased to announce the first annual International Cloud Symposium. Hosted at the beautiful historic Ditton Manor, located outside London, the Symposium combines high-profile keynote speakers, interactive roundtable sessions, moderated debates and interoperability demonstrations.

The Interactive format of the Symposium will allow professionals responsible for developing, influencing and managing policy from public, private and academic sectors to converge in a single location to share experiences on cloud adoption challenges and barriers, as well as the latest developments in successful cloud computing implementations.  International standards development organizations (SDOs), such as OASIS, will be on hand to address the significant contributions being made to address these major cloud issues.  The effectiveness of current international roadmapping projects will also be explored.

Networking events will complement each day's agenda, offering opportunities for real-time collaboration.  Participation opportunities include birds-of-a-feature discussion groups, interoperability demonstrations and the solution showcase.

The Symposium is organized by OASIS in partnership with the Cloud Best Practices Network and Siena Initiative

Details may be found online at:  http://events.oasis-open.org/home/cloud/2011/home