tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF Pattern Language work

John,
I'll take a look at the attachment asap
On your last comment - bang on the nail: we shouldn't let the Primer structure blind us to creating a coherent patter set

Peter F Brown
Independent Consultant
www.peterfbrown.com
Twitter @pensivepeter
+1.310.694.2278

Sent from my Phone - Apologies for typos and brevity - it's hard to type on a moving planet

-----Original Message-----
From: John Borras
Sent: Wednesday, 08 June, 2011 8:54
To: 'TGF TC List '

Peter

Thanks for the explanation.  As you say perhaps if you had started in the
middle then we might not have raised these concerns!

I've made comments on your suggested re-organization in the attached
together with a proposed consolidated list  but I guess this might take a
few iterations to get it right.  I have not attempted to produce the
definitive name for each of the combined patterns, that should fall out of
the merging of material.

One other thought occurs to me.  Part of the problem seems to be that we are
trying to keep to the schematic map in the Primer which as you suggest is
somewhat irrelevant for the patterns.  Perhaps we should therefore dispense
with the separate Section headings in the WD eg 3 Guiding Principles, 4
CSFs, 5 Delivery Processes, and just have one Section listing all the
patterns?  This might help the understanding of how Patterns differ from the
text based Primer?  Just a thought.

John