tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF Pattern Language Draft is available

Great work Peter!

More homework reading before the call.

Cheers

Colin

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@peterfbrown.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 June 2011 7:39 a.m.
To: TGF TC List
Subject: [tgf] TGF Pattern Language Draft is available

Hi,

I have just loaded the first, complete draft of the TGF Pattern Language proposed standard to the KAVI document management system at OASIS. An earlier attempt to load was cancelled because of a major formatting error that was messing the document up. The correct version is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42513

After talking with Colin, John, Chris and Andy, I have put forward an initial, very conservative lis of patterns which maps closely to the initial conformance criteria that we identified during elaboration of the Primer document. The only new concept ‘promoted’ to a distinct pattern is ‘Supplier Partnership’ that was not covered in the Primer as a conformance requirement.

This document is in three parts:

-          Introduction with explanation of pattern languages and a worked (theoretical) example – we should replace this with an actual pattern from the final agreed set, to avoid confusion

-          The 19 patterns that constitute the core language – several of them are completely written; some partially; others just a placeholder

-          The conformance criteria – I have taken the language we used in the Primer and adapted it to refer to each pattern as necessary

For the TC meeting on Thursday, we need to:

-          Agree in principle if we go ahead with a pattern language to create our TGF standard;

-          Agree to create a ‘Committee Specification Draft’ from this working draft, that will start the formal process towards a standard;

-          Agree who will complete the remaining text for the outstanding patterns, notably:

o   4 Common Terminology

o   5 Policy Management

o   8 Franchise Marketplace

o   14 Citizen Identity Management

o   15 Channel Mapping and Delivery, and

o   17 Resources Management

I’m happy to take 4 and 17 – please look through: we’ll be looking for volunteers on Thursday or let me know via the list if you can take on one or more.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me:

====
CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Thank you.
====