tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF PRIMER

John

+1 on all this.

One clarification: we aim to put the Pattern Language through as a Committee Specification and then OASIS Standard; and the TGF Primer as a Committee Note (rather than a Specification), right?

Peter

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 15 June 2011 15:36
To: 'TGF TC List '
Subject: [tgf] TGF PRIMER

In the preparation of the TGF Patterns, it has become clear to me at least of the importance of the TGF Primer as a Non-normative reference.  I must confess I always thought the Primer would gently fade away as we developed the TG “Standard” but we are making substantial references to it in each pattern and it therefore need to remain a key component of the TGF package.  With that in mind it’s essential that we keep it up-to-date and in step with the Patterns.  I would therefore propose the following and we can discuss this in the TC call tomorrow:

1.       We do an update of the Primer in parallel to the Patterns to ensure consistency between both documents.  Chris has already volunteered to do this.

2.       We then proceed to put the updated version through the OASIS approvals process to become a committee specification.  This will entail it going out for public review.

3.       We look to run the Primer and Patterns through the approvals processes at the same time to ensure they are kept in step and reviewers have the full package to comment on.

On a general point, I realise there is a lot of documentation floating around at present and unless you’re as close to it as Peter, Chris and I am it’s very likely you are having trouble keeping up and assimilating it all.  I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating, it’s essential that everyone understands what we are producing and is comfortable with it all.  So if we are running too fast then please shout and I’ll slow the process down, but not necessarily to the pace of the slowest…-)

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745