tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF PL document public review contribution

Andy

Thanks for this comprehensive review!  It looks a daunting set of changes
but I suggest if we break it down it's not that bad.

1.  There is a lot of basic word-smithing type stuff which I'm happy to
accept and we can treat as non-substantive.
2.  There are some suggestions of naming inconsistencies and sequencing
particularly between Fig 1 and the text of the document, eg Franchise Model,
Transformational Roadmap.  You're probably right on these but I'd defer to
Chris on them as it's mostly his source material.
3.  You suggest a basic change from Citizen to Customer throughout. I'm not
happy with this.  When I was in Gov't I could never accept that governments
had customers, it just never felt the right word although it's probably very
PC. Customers normally have a choice of suppliers, but taxpayers don't. So I
would want to stay with the generic use of Citizen as we have it.
4.  Your suggestion of consistent formatting of the Patterns seems fair
comment but I'd ask for Peter's views on your proposals.
5.  You suggest we shouldn't express opinions unless we can back them up
with referenced material.  I don't altogether agree with this. We as a TC of
experienced eGov professionals have the right to express opinions based on
our experience and judgment so I wouldn't agree with your view on this.

So in an effort to clear your comments, perhaps Peter could deal with 1 and
4 above without further discussion unless anyone has any objections, and on
our call next week we can focus on points 2, 3 and 5 plus anything else
anyone wants to raise.

John