tgf message

Subject: FW: [tgf-comment] Comments on the Public Review for TGF Core Pattern Language and TGF Primer

For info.

Very good to get a “positive” response from the EC.  Peter may be able to add to this off the record from his discussions with them.

Clearly we will need to consider point 3 very carefully.  The other two points are less of an issue.

John

From: ISA@ec.europa.eu [mailto:ISA@ec.europa.eu]
Sent: 27 October 2011 10:53
To: tgf-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Vassilios.PERISTERAS@ec.europa.eu

To: The OASIS Transformational Government Framework TC

                        Dear Members of the TC,

Thank you for the very interesting work the TGF TC has made available.
We have reviewed the two documents and have the following comments:

1. There are two references on the European Interoperability Framework (EIF) in the TGF Premier:

a.       p.7: EIF is mentioned in a  more general context of international interoperability efforts

b.      p.45: The five EIF interoperability layers provide one dimension in the matrix table called "Policy Product Map".

In both cases, EIF is discussed in the right context and contributes to the definition of the Policy Product Map.

2. In the area of identity management, we would like to draw your attention to the STORK project which deals with cross-border authentication and aims at enabling an eID provided by one EU member state to be used in another country. At the moment, the project is at pilot stage. There could be relevance of this work with the OASIS citizen-centric Identity Model. One pilot project of STORK is ECAS-STORK integration. ECAS is the authentication system of the European Commission. ECAS allows officials to access many Commission applications with a single sign-in. The ECAS-STORK integration allows them to authenticate themselves with their home country eID. This project is still in the preliminary phases.

3. We have difficulties to understand the title of the "TGF Core Pattern Language" document. The document does not introduce a core pattern language as the title implies. It rather uses a pattern (as a description template) to document in a semi-structured way the most important infromation of the TGF Premier. At least this is what we have understood after reading the document. We suggest a) to take this into consideration and review the title accordingly, b) to present the pattern using a data representation formalism (e.g. UML object model).

The ISA Secretariat