tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] POLICY PRODUCTS DOCUMENT

Thanks guys.  I’ll work on it some more taking on board your comments and get another draft out next week for further input.

John

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Colin Wallis
Sent: 22 November 2011 21:28
To: 'Chris Parker'; John Borras; 'TGF TC List'

Hi John

My 2 cents,..

1.       Is it the correct format or do you have an alternative idea on how to construct the CN?

<<CW: Pretty good. Maybe add a ‘Notes’ or ‘Discussion’ column for future proofing. I think that, as we deploy this, we will be able to give more specific guidance on what parts of what docs are applicable in which situations etc>>

2.       Do you have ideas on any other Products that should be added to the list?  So far I’ve leaned heavily on what Chris and I produced some time ago for CS Transform but accept that may not be the complete list.

<<CW: Well, measurement tools were raised on our last call…>>

3.       Quoting URLs for examples is always dangerous as they are probably not persistent.  Should we use them or just the title of the document and let readers find the latest version using their search engines?

<<CW: I understand the sentiment but I think you are asking folks to do too much work here. Better to make a blanket disclaimer about persistence, put what you can in, but add in brackets, the date that URL was accessed)

4.       Is there anything else we need to say in this document about Policy Products in general and/or their usage in a TG program?

<<CW: Yes, I think so but I haven’t fully thought it through. It seems like we are giving the raw material for the fabric but no commentary on how to apply it>>

Cheers

Colin