tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] POLICY PRODUCTS DOCUMENT

Hi John,

                My understanding is that Governments MUST use the matrix but not necessarily have all the entries in it in place – The PL states “Identify, for each and every cell in the matrix, the policy product(s) that are needed to deliver the Transformational Program effectively. Nil, one, or multiple policy product(s) may be required per cell. Consideration MUST be given to every cell as to which policy products might be included.”. When I got UK Government to look at the old CSTransform matrix there were a couple of entries that it was deemed (rightly in their circumstances in my view) that they didn’t need – the point was that they had considered them.

Thus, I wouldn’t see every government producing a ‘direction’ paper but if they are considering changes of the magnitude proposed by the UK Government, all their stakeholders must be kept informed on progress as otherwise projects will run that will need reworking at least but may become irrelevant before they are delivered.

My second suggestion also plays into this theme of keeping people apprised of progress to save duplication, waste of resources etc.

Regards

Nig

Nig Greenaway

Government Division

FUJITSU

Lovelace Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8SN

Tel: +44 (0) 843 354 5637 Internal: 7302 5637

Mob : +44 (0) 7867 833147 Internal: 7383 3147

E-mail: nig.greenaway@uk.fujitsu.com