[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [tgf] POLICY PRODUCTS COMMITTEE NOTE
Yes, I do plan to comment, but just haven’t had time to engage properly with the document. Next week we have a workshop with the NZ government which, among other things, will touch on how they use this in practice. I’ll aim to feed in any feedback from that session with my own comments.
Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060
Thanks Nig. Some useful additions and comments. I’ll wait to hear from a few others, (Chris is in NZ at present and I guess pretty tied up which is a shame as his input is important), and then post a second draft for discussion.
Here is a copy of the document with my comments added to Colin’s.
<<20111201 - TGF-BMF-Tools-v1 0-wd01 CW +NG.doc>>
Whilst I agree that we want to get something out quickly, I do feel that this document is key and it will also be the first set of in-depth supporting material that we publish. Thus, I think it is worth having a pretty good bash at it now.
To answer your questions:-
1. Some products may be ‘nice to have’ in some situations but vital in others. I think it is worth giving them the full set and allowing them to deselect some as per the introductory text.
2. I have added in a few new products for consideration.
3. I feel that this level of description is adequate( but see 5 below).
4. I’ve changed a couple of references to UK materials
5. Yes. I suggest that for each product type, we should have a set of potential contents. However, I think that this could come in a later version.
6. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.
Lovelace Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8SN
Tel: +44 (0) 843 354 5637 Internal: 7302 5637
Mob : +44 (0) 7867 833147 Internal: 7383 3147
Many thanks John
This is a great effort, not only because it’s hard to hold the matrix with all the relationships conceptually in one’s brain, but also because of the sheer range of possible material that could go into the cells.
I haven’t been able to devote a long enough slice of time to it, and in case I can’t get back to it quick-smart, I am offering up some comments up to and including the Business Mgt layer.
Thanks to your views on my initial draft. I’ve now produced the first Working Draft attached using the OASIS template and in this addressed the comments made by Colin, Chris and Nig. It now needs a thorough review and a number of questions to be answered. I’ve embedded some of the questions in the document as Comments but in addition I would pose the following:
1. Are all the products listed absolutely necessary and relevant for a TGF program or are some just nice-to-haves?
2. Are there any additional Products needed?
3. Are the Descriptions adequate or can you improve them?
4. Are the References the right ones, or are the better or additional ones?
5. Do we need to create further guidance for those Products where we can’t find References to good practice?
6. What else needs to be included in this document to make it a good informative checklist for Gov’ts developing TGF programs?
If a working call to discuss all this would be useful please shout and I’ll set one up. If not let me have your contributions in the next week or so and I’ll produce an update in time for our next TC call.