tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Comment on TGF-Primer Public Review Draft 02 - Document formatting and section numbering

OK, understood.

However, there are still a few problems:

-          The pdf text approved by the Committee contained a comment at line 9 stating “This disclaimer can now be removed”. This was approved by the TC, but remained in the pdf as published. As the TC’s next step will – presumably – be to approve the CNPRD02, unamended, as a Committee Note – then this disclaimer text can be removed at that stage – otherwise it makes no sense: the disclaimer refers to the fact that the note is a draft- from the moment it is not, it clearly needs to go;

-          Even though we scrupulously followed the OASIS template, the pdf generated by your service has changed pagination and formatting in several places (every page has one fewer line of text per page, throwing pagination and line-numbering out; changes in typeface or colour; changes in table formatting; inconsistent changes in caption type; footnotes displaced and broken up; “ghost” lines appearing in some figures; extraneous blank lines added); the type is considerably fainter and more difficult to read; and in certain figures, image lines drop completely;

There is one similar issue, I note now, with the TGF-PL-Core CSPRD02 – as the Table of Contents seems to have been auto-re-generated, thus losing some of the manually included section headings in the original WD05.

In light of this, and the fact that, to date, we have no further comments submitted to the respective public reviews and thus we are likely to be in a position at the TC meeting on Thursday to move both documents to approval – could you advise us of the best formulation of motions for approval? Or do we simply (if that is the path we choose) vote to ask the TC Administration to open the requisite ballots for approval as CN and CS?

Cheers,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA