tgf message

Subject: TGF POLICY PRODUCTS - WIKI

I’ve revamped our TC Wiki to create a possible online resource for our list of Policy Products as previously discussed.  Please take a look and let me know whether this fits the bill.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tgf/FrontPage .  You don’t need to login in to use the site but all TC members can access and edit any of the information after they have logged in.

Just to remind everyone, we are looking at  a means to keep the entries in the Matrix up to date and avoid having to re-publish the Committee Note document every time we make changes to the table entries, with all the approvals process and Public Reviews that entails.   If this Wiki is a usable resource we avoid all that hassle and only have to agree revisions at each TC meeting and then I would update the Wiki.

This does raise another question in my mind.  If we introduce this Wiki, do we actually need to include the table entries in the document?  We could just use the document to introduce the rationale, usage etc of the Policy Products, ie essentially just Section 1 of the current Working Draft, and refer to the Wiki for the latest entries.  That way also we would minimize the number of times we have to revise that document.

Thoughts/ views on any of this please, preferably before our next TC call, but I’ll included it on the agenda for us to make a decision.

John