tgf message

Subject: RE: TC SATISFACTION SURVEY

I’m sorry we didn’t have the time to discuss this on our call yesterday and I’ll ensure we make time for it on the next call.  In the meantime it would be good to get some views from you on how to go about meeting these issues.   And just to remind you we did agree on our previous call that the priority at this stage should be on outreach rather than on producing further products, so dealing with these comments now is very timely.

For the last point about clearer objectives, as I said on the call if the person who made that comment would like to elaborate on it either with the whole TC or just with me, then we can hopefully work out a solution to the problem.  It doesn’t sound like it’s a real showstopper, perhaps just more explanation required in some of our documentation.

The first and second points I think are closely related and we should be able to tackle both through the same solution.  Now that we have base-lined versions of the Primer and the Pattern Language, plus the emerging Policy Products document, we are in a much better position to reach out and sell the messages.  A quick and easy way is to host a Webinar or series of Webinars.  OASIS does a lot of these and generally they go down well albeit only attracting small audiences.  So I propose that  we do one or more of those but do not rely on it as the only solution to the problems.  We need to supplement the webinars with other events, such as the breakfast session we held in Brussels last year.  But of course that sort of event will cost money and again any one event will only reach a relatively small audience in any particular region, unless we can run a series of them in different parts of the world.

Another angle we could try is working with other Organisations to promote our message, like we are doing with ERIS@ here in Europe.  Perhaps a follow up to the launch event we held with the World Bank might be something we could attempt.

We have tried a number of times to get papers or articles published with no real success so I do not feel we should put too much effort into that route in future.

To take any of this forward we will need a few volunteers to help prepare the outreach material, host some of the events and use their communication networks  to help promote our activities. Whilst OASIS has a very good communications network, it does not necessarily have access to our target audience of senior bodies in Government organisations and consultancy houses.   Can I hear from any of you who are willing and able to assist with any of this and also any other ideas that you think we should pursue.   It would be good if we could put together a package for approval on the next TC call.

John