tgf message

Subject: FW: TRANSLATIONS

If you've been following this thread you'll see that Carol Geyer's suggestion below is to put out a call for volunteers to help translate some of our documentation. This picks up on Chris' request for an Arabic version on yesterday's TC call and clearly in the light of our discussions having other versions available can only help with our outreach efforts.

So I would suggest:
- we agree on a priority list of languages.  In addition to Arabic, we've also spoken about German, Dutch and Spanish in the past.  Any others?
- we only ask for a translation of a cut down version of the Primer, possibly just Chapter 1 which is about 10 pages.  Anything more than that might scare people off.  We are of course extremely lucky to have Arnaud do a complete translation into French but I don't think we can push for that in all the other languages unless someone is going to pay.

Views/suggestions on any of this please?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 20 April 2012 15:21
To: John Borras
Subject: Re: ARABIC

Well, you can set a priority list, but of course when it comes to volunteers, you get what you get. How about:

OASIS seeks volunteers to translate documents on Transformation Government standards from English to other languages. A French translation is already underway, and there is particular interest in also making these materials available in Arabic, German, Dutch, and Spanish. Transformational Government is a shift from e-Gov that fundamentally redefines the relationship between the public sector and users of public services. Interested translators are asked to review the OASIS Translation Policy
(http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/translation) and contact communications@oasis-open.org <or you directly, whichever you
prefer> for more details.