tgf message

Subject: FW: [tgf] TGF document for Translation

As mentioned below I’ve produced an extract of the Primer for translation.  It’s essentially Chapter 1 with a bit of tweaking and a modified first page.  As we are asking for volunteers to do the translation I really don’t think we can ask them to do the whole 60+ pages of the Primer.  Just doing these 10 pages is going to be an effort.   If we can get some help on this we may be able to persuade the individuals to help with the Core Pattern Language document as it would be good to get that fully translated, but let’s not push our luck for now.

Can I have your views on any of this and any suggested amendments to the attached document please.  In the meantime I’m going ahead with the announcement.

John

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 25 April 2012 17:04
To: 'Peter F Brown'; 'Carol Geyer'
Cc: 'TGF TC List'
Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF documents in Arabic

Thanks Peter.  I’ve just agreed with Carol to put out the notice below so I’ll remove the Arabic from it.   I’m also producing a cut down version of the Primer for translation as there’s no way we can ask for the whole thing to be translated.  I’ll copy it to the list tomorrow when I’ve finished it.

"OASIS seeks volunteers to translate a small amount of material on the Transformational Government Framework from English into other languages. A French translation is already underway, and there is particular interest in also making this material available in Arabic, Spanish, German and Dutch, but translations into other languages would also be valuable. Transformational Government is a shift from e-Gov that fundamentally redefines the relationship between the public sector and users of public services. Interested translators are asked to review the OASIS Translation Policy
(http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/translation) and contact John Borras (johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk), the chair of the TGF Technical Committee, for more details."

John