tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] FW: Invitation to Submit Extended Paper to Transforming Government: People, Process & Policy

Thanks Chris, this looks like an excellent suggestion.   I hope someone can find the means to sponsor a student to do this research.

John

From: Chris Parker [mailto:chris.parker@cstransform.com]
Sent: 03 May 2012 11:15
To: John Borras; 'TGF TC List'

John

As ever, the academinc journals want a whole bunch of academic literature review doing before they will publish anything on the TGF, which none of has have the time or resources to do.

Seems to me that we need to find a post-graduate student who is interested in researching this as area as part of a thesis.  I for one would be willing to put time into helping steer and QA their work, as I'm sure would other TC members.  It would be a very interesting research project:

  • reviewing the state of the art in academic research on ICT-enabled change in the public sector
  • case studying the TGF as a major pratitioner-led framework for best practice in this area, and positioning it against the academic viewpoints
  • setting out implications and recommendations for a future research agenda by universities in a way which gives further underpining and enhancement to the TGF.

While it's not going to help with this particular opportunity, it would be worth seeing if we can identify someone to address this as a longer term issue.  Do any TC members have networks in relevant universities that they could reach out to?

Chris Parker

Managing Partner, CS Transform

+44 7951 754060