tgf message

Subject: NEW POLICY PRODUCT TYPE

On our TC call last week we discussed the possibility of a new Policy Product type to accommodate the EC’s pointer to their EUPL licence.  Steve suggested we need to widen this to more than just Open Source and it should cover the whole question of re-using assets across Government.  Attached is a proposed new entry in the matrix based on this.  Can you let me have your views on whether this is the right approach and whether this draft is satisfactory.

Just a point to note that has been highlighted to me as part of this exercise – we need to be careful about creating too many new product types just for the sake of it as it may be more appropriate to modify one of the existing ones.  So as you will see in the attached I’ve shown some existing types that are related and could possibly be used to accommodate the EC’s request.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745