tgf message

Subject: RE: EMERGENCY ALERTING TGF PROFILE

Norm

Thanks very much for your considered response.  It greatly encourages me to continue and complete the document!

I think the next step would be for me to send it out to the wider planning committee of the EA workshop to get their input before we go out for a full Public Review.  I’m going to need a good deal of help from those other colleagues to fill in the gaps and answers the questions I’ve posed in the draft before the PR.

I appreciate this will require time that you and others don’t necessarily have in abundance so it may be a case of slowly, slowly catchie monkey….

John

From: Paulsen,Norm [Ontario] [mailto:Norm.Paulsen@ec.gc.ca]
Sent: 08 August 2012 16:50
To: John Borras
Subject: FW: ERMEBGENCY ALERTING TGF PROFILE

John

A few comments embedded in the doc.

I've never been involved in several of these aspects of Management. I'm an engineer, but I share the desire to make the solution understandable by management so that ongoing change management can be handled effectively.

Having said that, I'm encouraged by this work. I recognize that it is not original, just adapted to Emergency Alerting, so I feel that past applications of this approach have given the content here a more solid basis from the lessons learned.

I like how it is constructed and presented.

I'm always concerned that there will be many who just march ahead without the benefit of such guidance. But from a long term view, this guidance will help many if they were to employ it.

I'm also concerned that globally we've entered a period of time where due diligence is being done less and less as proper attention to lessons learned and the iterative process are being passed over for the "first to market" and "making the deadline on paper" mindsets.

Overall, I am happy with this and would endorse this.

Given my resource and budget limitations back here in Env. Can. I can't see me doing much except for helping with the glossary and doing some peer review from time to time. Last year's meeting almost killed any grace I had with my management as it ate up a lot of my time.

Norm