tgf message

Subject: Update on CAMSS

I had a long talk with Riku Jylhankangas this week (European Commission ISA team) about CAMSS.

I will report in more detail when back home but we both felt that the easiest way forward would be for the Commission to give us permission to use the CAMSS as the basis for creating a new set of patterns for the TGF Pattern Language; that these patterns would be entirely under the responsibility of the TC; that we add a comment at the start of the deliverable that the CAMSS Patterns are based on the Commission work; and that further details, if required, about CAMSS methodology could be found via the official Commission references.

We agreed to confirm this through an exchange of letters and he will obtain “sign off” from his hierarchy to confirm this.

In this manner, we are able to proceed quickly with creating a new set of patterns and don’t need to have a formal link with the Commission work. As this progresses, we can see whether the Commission is interested and willing to go further, either to give OASIS responsibility for managing CAMSS or for managing future updates.

Based on this, I started work on a number of patterns and should be able to present a first cut at the next TC meeting.

All the best,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: