tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Consulting Engagement

Neil

IMO the challenge is not about trying to convince the consultancy houses that they need to be conformant with OASIS, or any other open, standards, we should be looking to get the government agencies to embrace the standards and then demand conformance to them in their procurement of consultancy and other ICT services.  So I think we need to target the public sector bodies and get them on board. But as we all know that is very difficult and invariably hasn’t worked in the past because nobody has been able to produce a convincing enough business case for them to do so.  What I would like to see is our eGov Member Section produce such a  document but that will need a good deal of input from the membership as it’s beyond the resources of the Steering Committee.

John

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Neil McEvoy
Sent: 30 September 2012 22:30
To: Peter F Brown
Cc: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org; Carol Geyer; laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org

Yes Peter, the migration to Cloud services, especially for folks like government, will generate a mass of the consulting work that is bread and butter for these folks: Business transformation, analysis and audit, etc.

I have had a crack at a white paper that introduces the TGF and PACR work, mapped to local requirements, in this case the Province of Ontario:

If I can get lots of Ontario province folks interested, that will attract the consultants..

Cheers, Neil.