tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Consulting Engagement

Just to note that the Roundtable on Friday 12th has had to be cancelled.  So this thread of discussion will need to be fed into the first and subsequent TC meetings.

John

From: Neil McEvoy [mailto:neil.mcevoy@ifossfoundation.org]
Sent: 02 October 2012 11:45
To: Colin Wallis
Cc: Chet Ensign; laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org; John Borras; tgf@lists.oasis-open.org; Carol Geyer

Right Colin

I can imagine. I worked for PwC for a while, helping government clients source for small and large RFP projects, and each one was re-invented from scratch, taking months and years and costing millions more than they should - Just the RFP process..

So actually the procurement models and processes are where the biggest business benefits will be found through transformation, albeit driven by Cloud technologies.

Ontario is like every other government is right now I think - Zero use of Cloud but beginning to take their very first step, in this case asking for SaaS options for new software. This makes them realize they have no procurement tools for Cloud, like vendor evaluation, and et voila, there's an immediate pain point we can help address.

We could build on this through:

* Other levels of standardization - E.g. The CAMP group could define PaaS 'packages' of approved Govt modules (see Canadian Federal Govt PaaS: http://tinyurl.com/9vqe3hy)

* Cloud Service Brokers - TOSCA could help specify procurement workflows to build CSB markets.

etc.

If we could offer these kinds of deliverables through PACR, then sure loads of governments would sign up and the consultants would follow...

Cheers, Neil.